Seller`s registration on the eBay
So, you have passed the first stage of registration on the network auction eBay: “Purchaser`s registration on eBay”, acquired some experience, and already feel that you are accustomed and ready to start selling. Cheer up: Seller`s registration (as well as membership on eBay as the Seller) is free.
To gain a Seller`s account – a sober and informed decision, because thousands and hundreds of thousands of people have already started business on eBay as the main source of income. There are hundreds of schemes for doing business on sales and new appears constantly. This is a patrimony, where you can realize yourself as fully as possible. Typically, users begin to sell, get first profit and then cannot stop.
Special registration for “Seller” status on eBay is not necessary. You can just put lot on the auction. The only thing to do – if you, while registering on eBay, do not required a credit card to verify your identity, then here it is needed without fail – auction will take money for their services from her (putting the lot at the auction). Information about cards that are optimal for use on eBay you can find here: eBay Auction and credit cards. Help and advice.
If you already have the credit card and you are ready to put a lot on auction, then login on the auction site, on any of the pages, click “Sell” on the top of the page, and then select the “Sell an item”.
Now, if you do not enter your credit card details in time (during the registration with the Customer it can be not demanded), you, at any time, while exhibiting the lot at the auction, may be offered to do this. Enter carefully:
- Credit Card / Debit Card Number – your credit / debit card number
- Expiration date – expiration of the validity period
- Your name on card – your name (exactly as shown on the card).
- Billing address – your home address (it is desirable to match the address on which the card is framed).
- City – the city where you live.
- State / province – if your card is framed in the CIS do not enter anything. However, if the system asks, then enter for Russia – RU, for Ukraine – UA, for Belarus – BR, for Kazakhstan – KZ, Lithuania – LT, etc.
- Country – your country. Select.
Then you will be asked whether you agree to pay for using the auction service by card or not (confirm this by pressing the “Submit”).
If the auction has not accepted your credit card – do not worry. An eBay recently moved from automatic mode of checking the credit card to manual mode. That`s because fraudsters have used the auction mechanism for checking the validity of stolen credit cards. Therefore, cards that eBay are considered “suspicious” (a card from the CIS countries will be considered to be that for sure) tests manually. So, if your card is declined:
- If you register as a Seller (by putting a lot at auction), try to register with the same card again in a few days. Seller`s cards can be checked in the semi manual mode.
- Check the spelling CVV2-code (Card Identification Number) and the Expiration Date (the date of the end of the validity period) to be right.
- Find out whether the recipient of your payment is worth it – eBay is in the bank`s “stop-list”.
- Make sure that funds are present on your card (at least a few dollars). Call the bank and ask whether there was the attempt to authorize your card and whether it was successful. If not, then why?
- Make sure that your card is activated by the bank.
- Check the input Billing Address to be spelled right – in theory, this is your home address, but if you cannot register it, ask about in the bank, what can be administered in Billing Address field.
- Ask the bank to double-check your personal data (perhaps someone from the staff made a mistake by entering your card number or the CVV-code 2);
- On the page with the registration form click “Live Help”, the chat window will open, where you can ask a real eBay staff, why your card cannot be passed.
- Ask your bank manager to disable a request of CVV2 code for your card (if possible).
Then, make sure that your personal account in the payment system PayPal was associated with eBay account. To do this, you should login on the auction site, click to the tab “My account” and in the opened menu, if you already have a PayPal account, select “Link To My PayPal Account”, if not, then it’s time to start it by clicking “Sign Up”.