Seller`s tools on eBay auction
In this article we will try to make a brief overview of the tools and services offered by forr eBay auction sellers.
Recently, the choice variety has expanded considerably and novice users sometimes find it not easy to understand the abundance of offerings. We will not overlook ones that are offered by third-party companies and numerous craftsmen, especially since most of these products are available in the so-called “Betas”, i.e. the responsibility for the possible negative results, arising from the use of these applications, is on nobody`s shoulders, although some of them are quite popular. However, we will talk only about the programs and services, offered by eBay.
Apps and services offered by eBay
eBay Turbo Lister is a free application that can be downloaded and installed on your personal computer. It is calculated, as indicated by eBay, on the Sellers, sales` rage, ranging from “medium” to “high”. One of the most popular features of the program is that it gives the opportunity to create a lot offline, and then connect to the network to download it to your site on eBay. Auction recommends using Turbo Lister either as a standalone application or in combination with any service for the management of sales, such as Selling Manager or Selling Manager Pro.
Turbo Lister allows you to:
- Create a professionally looking lots (HTML knowledge is not required).
- Put up for sale a large number of goods at the same time. Keep description templates for further use.
- Load on eBay’s website up to 3000 prepared for trading lots at the same time.
- To make the layout of the lot without Internet connection (offline).
- Preparing the auction, you choose starting price and acceptable methods of payment, shipping details, etc.
- Make up and display items for sale more quickly by copying existing pages of lots and editing them to create new copies.
- Import page items with eBay site regardless on the end of its bidding.
- Save and continue to use the old descriptions in the creation of new lots.
- Operating system: Windows NT, Windows 2000 or Windows XP (Windows XP is recommended)
- Processor 450 MHz or faster (Pentium III or higher)
- 256 MB of RAM
- At least 500 MB of free hard disk space
- Internet Explorer version 5.5 or higher
- Connection to the Internet
In order to start using Turbo Lister, you need:
- To sign up on eBay and make a Seller account.
- Follow the instructions to install Turbo Lister Online on eBay.
Selling Manager and Selling Manager Pro
By use of the paid services from eBay: Selling Manager or Selling Manager Pro, you can easily manage your lots and control any connected to sales activity with a special section in your personal area on the site of the auction – My eBay.
- Selling Manager – an online sales management service for Sellers, sales rage of which ranges from medium to high level.
- Selling Manager Pro provides the same set of features as Selling Manager, but it also has a built-in capability of conducting the warehouse account and there are some automated features for Sellers with a high level of sales, as well as representing small business Sellers.
- You can use Selling Manager and Selling Manager Pro with other products on eBay, such as Turbo Lister and eBay Accounting Assistant. Compare product features, offered by eBay, you can in the summary table.
- When you subscribe to Selling Manager, all the links related to the sales of My eBay replaces by references of the Selling Manager. As an improvement to the My eBay, Selling Manager distributes all of your lots, putted up for auction, on special folders ( “All items”,
“Sold items”, “Unsold items”, etc.), to help you manage your active and pending auctions, as well as actions after a successful bid (receiving payment, shipping).
- This sorting gives great opportunities: you can search through your lots, limit the number of simultaneously displayed items on the page, sort them, etc.
- View the status of all of your items in the “Summary View”.
- Manage lots, exposing of which is delayed, in the “Scheduled View” section.
- Track the lots put up for auction in the “Active View”.
- Manage lots that have been sold in the section “Sold View”.
- The newly put up for auction unsold lots in “Unsold View”.
- manage post-sale activities: leaving a comment, e-mail, payment and delivery.
- Fully control the sales process from the beginning to finish: putting lots, putting on sale the unsold lots, leaving feedback, sending e-mail, printing invoices (accounts).
- Download reports about your sales.
You can start using Selling Manager by subscribing to it on the website eBay, on the home page of this application.
Selling Manager Pro
When you subscribe to Selling Manager Pro all links “All Selling” in your My eBay are replaced with references of this application. If you are making the transition from the use of Selling Manager to use Selling Manager Pro, links remain the same, but in addition you get a folder: “Inventory” (Warehouse), “Reports”, and “Selling Manager Pro Preferences” (customization).
- Sales management is the same as in the Selling Manager.
- Viewing “Alerts” and “To Do Items” in “Summary View” section.
- Management of commodity circulation, management of inventory control.
- Viewing and downloading sales reports.
- Automatization of the main post-sales functions of tasks like sending e-mail to the Customer and leaving a comment.
- Programming time for exhibiting lots up for auction and re-issuing of unsold lots.
You can start using Selling Manager Pro with subscribing to it on the website eBay, on the home page of this application.
Blackthorne Basic and Blackthorne Pro
Blackthorne Basic and Blackthorne Pro – two paid apps also provided by eBay, allow maximally automating the process of sale on auction.
Blackthorne Basic (Before – Seller’s Assistant)
This app is designed for Sellers, whose selling rates are above average. Previously, it was known on the market as Seller’s Assistant Basic. This is the first application of the “all in one” kind for work on eBay. In addition to the automation of sales management, you get an opportunity to layout items on your computer, followed by loading them on the auction site.
- Creating professional items on your computer without access to the network, followed by loading them on the website eBay. It offers built-in spell checker. Automatic control of such parts of the lot as “payment”, “delivery” etc.
- Tracking your bets, payments, delivery status, emails and feedback.
- Support by eBay Picture Services.
- Use of lots of templates.
- Quick Use of Relist function.
- Using a template e-mail.
- Sales data is stored and available an unlimited amount of time.
eBay Blackthorne Pro (before – Seller’s Assistant Pro)
This application has the same wide range of functions, as described above Blackthorne Basic, plus:
- You can edit multiple items at once.
- If you want to program time of exhibiting lot (s) for sale, you can easily do it, and the program will put a lot at auction automatically, according to the specified time.
- Warehouse management: you have the ability to monitor the availability of the items in your warehouse, and keep track of suppliers and prices. When commodity stocks are depleted – you get a warning.
- Define access rights for multiple users. If you have employees – the program makes it possible to configure the permissions for each of them.
- Create and print a variety of reports.
- Integrate into a database application, created in other programs.